The Ultraviolet Grasslands and the Black City is a tabletop role-playing game book, half setting, half adventure, and half epic trip; inspired by psychedelic heavy metal, the Dying Earth genre, and classic Oregon Trail games. It leads a group of ‘heroes’ into the depths of a vast and mythic steppe filled with the detritus of time and space and fuzzy riffs.
- 32 ready-to-run destinations
- scores of strange discoveries to pepper around your world
- a few mini-adventures and a generative lunar dungeon
- over 200 color illustrations
- 7 unusual factions, from sentient mind-controlling cats to many-bodied porcelain princes, and dozens of backgrounds for characters
- preview of SEACAT game system but written to be system-light and easily ported to the game system of your choice, from D&D 5E to GLOG to PbtA.
- equipment for the ultraviolet wastes
- long-distance travel rules
- caravan rules and unusual trade goods
- spells, biomagical corruption, portal gates, and a ton of strange items
- history, climate, and discovery generators
- color referee screen
- a very long vertical map
For physical copies, visit Exalted Funeral.
The UVG is the work of the designer, artist, and writer Luka Rejec and was made possible through the generous support of hundreds of discerning fans at the Stratometaship patreon. Luka's previous work includes illustrating Chris Kutalik's acid fantasy Misty Isles of the Eld, co-writing What Ho Frog Demons with the Hydra Coöperative, and writing, art, and design on the twice-sold-out adventure of witch-hunting: Witchburner.